Heartbeat of Hope
An African Drumming Experience
We are safely back in South Africa! We have had so much fun drumming with you, sharing our stories and getting to know you all a little better! Thank you so much for attending our event and for contributing towards making our children’s hopes become a reality.
We (together with you) have raised over $126 thousand dollars during our three events in Pennsylvania, Louisiana and North Carolina. With this money that you have given us we will be able to:
• provide lunch for all of the Mosaic children at our afterschool program for the rest of the year.
• pay salaries to all of our afterschool program staff who are assisting our children with their homework and facilitating reading, math and computer lessons, for the rest of the year.
• put gas in the tank of our minibuses that transport our kids to and from our afterschool program for the rest of the year.
• fund life skills training and job skills training for the parents of at least 25 new families joining Mosaic between now and the end of this year.
And this is just mentioning a few things… So, from the 4 of us and all the mothers and children of Mosaic in South Africa, THANK YOU so much for your generosity!!
With love, Meyer, Nozuko, Pretty & Carien.
Mosaic Paarl had housewarming parties for five families before they moved into their new houses.
Many of these families are moving from a shack with no running water, no electricity and no bathroom. It is so exciting to see their lives being changed by moving into these modest three bedroom brick houses.
2018 Growing Together Fundraisers
We raised over $150,500 in both Pennsylvania and Louisiana.
The money raised will be used to
1) purchase transpiration vehicle(s) for Mosaic Paarl
2) fund programs used by the Mosaic families
3) build the Port Elizabeth Community Center.